Assistant Store Manager - Brookline, MA
- 2 - 3 years experience in retail management and/or sales preferred.
- Self -motivated, outgoing, energetic and enjoy working with people.
- Confident in arithmetic and data entry skills.
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and the Internet.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining awareness for details.
- Ability to communicate clearly and be a leader of a driven store team.
- Ability to attractively display merchandise according to company guidelines.
- Commitment to maintain compliance with Company dress codes and policies.
- Enthusiastic support of and commitment to Ten Thousand Villages mission and its goals.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75lbs, utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
The Assistant Manager plays a vital role in the Ten Thousand Villages Store. The primary role of the Assistant Manager is to provide customers with a unique shopping experience by developing and motivating staff and volunteers to provide the highest level of customer service and maximize sales. The Assistant Manager will also assist the Store Manager in effectively carrying out the day-to-day operations of the store, supervising staff and volunteers, and executing visual merchandising standards while promoting and maintaining a positive work environment. In the absence of the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager will take responsibility for overseeing all aspects of the day-to-day operations.
All duties should be carried out to contribute to company-wide growth in sales and profits, increased productivity, and increased purchases from artisans while keeping expenses within budget.
Responsible To:Company Store Manager
Full-time, non-exempt position. Must be flexible in scheduling and able to work opening and closing shift at least three times per week, including Saturdays and Sundays per month. Must be available during annual inventories and entire holiday season (October – December). Vacation is not allowed during the holiday season.
Depending on the team dynamic and structure of the store the duties such as Visual Merchandising lead and Volunteer Coordinator may fall to the Manager or Assistant Manager.
Customer Service (60%)
- Exemplify the highest level of customer service standards outlined in the Sales and Service Standards and reinforce those standards and principles by regularly providing feedback to staff.
- Anticipate and resolve customer service issues.
- Follow through on special orders and customer requests.
- Work with store team to ensure consistent coverage of the sales floor.
- Monitor store’s actual conversion rates compared to goals on a weekly and monthly basis. Work with staff and volunteers to ensure these goals are achieved through excellent customer service and effective selling techniques.
- Maintain an awareness and control of loss prevention through attentive customer service.
Store Operations (25%)
- Perform opening and closing procedures including completion of bank deposit, Daily Sales Reports and planning daily agenda for staff and volunteers when manager is not present. Assign, monitor, and ensure completion of tasks included in daily agenda.
- Provide Visual Merchandising lead:
- Supervise floor moves.
- Execute floor moves at appropriate times or as needed.
- Maintain store floor according to Ten Thousand Villages Visual Merchandising Standards.
- Maintain displays and back office through regular cleaning, straightening and dusting.
- Assist the Manager in planning and executing in-store promotional activities.
- Maintain an awareness of current advertising and promotions and inter-office memos. Communicate to staff and volunteers on a regular basis.
- Oversee and direct off-site sales, special events and promotions as delegated by the Store Manager.
- Manage all aspects of outside vendor products, including ordering, receiving and inventory control.
- Utilize the Elder tools and Store Manager system to complete and oversee the tasks of updating prices, receiving inventory, processing claims, maintaining the mailing list and store supply needs.
- Work with store team to receive, price and stock all orders as delivered.
- Assist with maintaining store website and social media updates.
Staff Leadership and Development (15%)
- Work as part of an effective team while respecting the roles and contributions of other team members.
- Provide leadership as the Volunteer Coordinator:
- Recruit interested persons to volunteer with Ten Thousand Villages.
- Interview all potential volunteers to determine fit within store structure.
- Train and coach volunteers to provide excellent customer service according to Sales and Service Standards and the Sales Associate Training Manual. Appreciate volunteers on a regular basis.
- Schedule volunteers and track their hours.
- Assist in training of all staff and volunteers according to Sales and Service Standards and Sales Associate Training Manual.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by Store Manager.
- Contribute to overall sales growth of the store through excellent customer service according to Ten Thousand Villages Sales and Service Standards.
Ten Thousand Villages home office and warehouse are located in Akron and Brownstown, PA. Both towns are located in Lancaster County.
If you are interested in one of the employment opportunities at Ten Thousand Villages please submit your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. Please put the job title in the subject line.