- Bachelor’s in graphic design, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2+ years experience working in the field. Portfolio should include examples of candidate’s work including web design projects.
- Work in Mac environment with Adobe® Creative Suite® Design Premium software. Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience with product photography including layout, lighting, and color correction.
- Interactive web design and social media experience a plus.
- Good understanding of responsive web design, UI, UX, web typography and web browser capabilities. Some experience with common web technologies helpful (HTML,CSS).
- Understanding of and commitment to corporate brand standards and design.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills plus imaginative flair and awareness of current design trends.
- Positive response to shifting demands, juggling numerous projects at a time while consistently producing accurate, high quality work.
- Familiarity with pre-press production required with an understanding of offset and digital printing.
- Ability to work in a team environment and accept direction and critique.
- Retail experience a plus but not required.
- Support of and commitment to Ten Thousand Villages mission and goals.
This position will work directly with the Art Director and Senior Graphic Designer as well as the entire Marketing Team. This position will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of projects that communicate the Ten Thousand Villages brand. You will create compelling, innovative design solutions for print and web. Attention to current industry best practices and technologies are absolutely essential. All duties should be carried out to contribute to company-wide growth in sales and profits, increased productivity, and increased purchases from artisans while keeping expenses within budget.
Full-time, exempt position. Normal hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday. Occasional extended hours may be required.
Digital and Print Design - 90%
- Work with design concepts to produce print and digital promotional materials for Ten Thousand Villages stores and ecommerce site.
- Responsible for onsite photography studio including product photography, managing props, and coordinating schedules.
- Responsible for maintaining design standards and creating story layouts for Mosiac, Villages on-line blog/magazine.
- Develop, customize and execute designs for a variety of projects. These projects include print ads, direct mail, pre-printed collateral templates, in store signs, emails, web ads and banners. Send electronic files to publications to meet deadlines.
- Follow production work flow procedure to maintain quality, consistency and accuracy in all work.
- Review files for accuracy before gathering final electronic files for output. Review printer proofs
and press proofs.
- Keep abreast of the latest digital trends.
- Work with team members to generate new ideas and ensure marketing materials meet expectations.
- Adhere to Ten Thousand Villages brand standards and production specifications on all projects.
- Attend department meetings, creative team meetings, and other meetings as necessary to gain understanding and objectives of upcoming projects.
- Maintain, organize and back up electronic files for assigned projects.
- Assist with other projects as assigned which may include visits to our retail stores.
Ten Thousand Villages offices and warehouses are located in Akron and Brownstown, PA. Both towns are located in Lancaster County.
If you are interested in one of the employment opportunities at Ten Thousand Villages please submit your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the job title in the subject line.