Inventory Accounting Processor- Akron, PA
- Associate's degree in business (or related field) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years’ bookkeeping experience or comparable training
- Familiarity with accounting and inventory control functions required
- Ability to execute multiple tasks while simultaneously maintaining attention to details
- Excellent analytical and statistical skills with the ability to use and understand quantitative data
- Ability to work independently, with strong organizational, prioritizing and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to do repetitive data entry with high speed and accuracy; strong calculator skills required
- Good communication skills and ability to relate well with others
- Ability to adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Ability to travel locally and nationally
- Holds a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license
- Interest in and strong support of Ten Thousand Villages mission and goals
The position is a part of the Accounting team in the Finance & Administration Department of Ten Thousand Villages. This individual will complete a variety of data analysis and entry tasks for the department. This position works closely with the Import Manager, the Accounting Manager and other accountants in the department where needed.
All duties should be carried out to contribute to company-wide growth in sales and profits, increased productivity, and increased purchases from artisans while keeping expenses within budget.
Full-time, non-exempt position. Normal office hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday. Some overtime and travel will be required; travel outside of the office may be 5-10%.
Warehouse Inventory Control (25%)
- Monitor warehouse inventory activity and maintain inventory systems accuracy.
- Record transfers and inventory adjustments.
- Monitor warehouse cycle counts.
- Work with Sales, Purchasing and Merchandising departments to manage warehouse inventory for wholesale and festival customers.
- Coordinate discontinued and obsolete inventory procedures.
- Coordinate staff purchases and all internal inventory usage.
- Process and account for all sample inventory sold to customers.
- Problem-solve inventory-related issues, as needed.
Company Store Inventory Control (25%)
- Reconcile company-owned store inventory values in store point of sale software to the General Ledger.
- Monitor cycle counts of company stores.
- Supervise company store physical inventories – including overnight travel at times throughout the year.
- Maintain accounting for rug sales and inventory.
- Problem-solve inventory-related issues with store managers and/or IT, as needed.
- Enter all shipment information into the accounting and warehouse management software system.
- Review shipment documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Communicate shipment details with the Ten Thousand Villages customs broker.
General Accounting Assistance (25%)
- Assist with processing of domestic accounts payable data entry and check writing.
- Assist with the W-9 process to ensure that forms are obtained from vendors as needed and filed appropriately.
- Provide assistance as needed during high volume time periods, for example at month-end closing.
- Develop thorough understanding of accounting and point of sale software as it pertains to job responsibilities.
- Prepare effective documentation of tasks and procedures, as needed.
- Provide coverage for other Accounting and Importing staff, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Ten Thousand Villages office and warehouse are located in Akron and Brownstown, PA. Both towns are located in Lancaster County.