How Do Volunteers Support the Mission of Ten Thousand Villages?
- Enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers are vital to the success of Ten Thousand Villages and make it possible for Ten Thousand Villages to lower overhead costs. Volunteers are encouraged to learn as much as possible about the handicrafts we sell and the people who make them. We consider our volunteers to be Fair Trade Ambassadors because with this knowledge, our volunteers serve as advocates for artisans in countries around the world.
What Do Volunteers Do?
- Sharing artisan stories. Unpacking a hand drum from India. Updating our website. Learning about Fair Trade. Showing a child where Kenya is on the map. Transporting recyclables to the recycling center. Restocking the store of handicrafts. Repairing broken items so they can be sold.
This is a just a sampling of the different types of activities undertaken by Ten Thousand Villages Ardmore Volunteers. Ten Thousand Villages Volunteers work in a wide variety of areas.
- Volunteers Can Choose To Participate On The Following Teams:
Customer Service. Customer Service Volunteers work on a wide variety of activities; from learning and sharing artisan stories with customers to ringing up handicraft sales and wrapping them for safe travels.
Merchandise. Merchandise Volunteers work with the handicrafts we sell; restocking the store, unpacking shipments from all over the world, and repairing items that have been broken.
Technology. Technology Volunteers help us with anything & everything electronic! From maintaining our computer networking system to updating our website. This is a flexible position that can be an "on-call" volunteer opportunity.
REQUIREMENTS FOR BECOMING A VOLUNTEER
- Volunteers must share an interest in achieving our mission.
- Volunteers must be willing to follow organization policies and procedures.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
- A guardian must sign the Volunteer Release Form for any volunteer under the age of 18.
- Every volunteer must complete an on-site orientation at the beginning of the first volunteer shift.
- The orientation will include an overview of our mission, policies, procedures, and safety standards.
- There may be additional training required for certain tasks.
- Every volunteer must read, complete, and sign all required paperwork (Volunteer Information Form, Release Form, and Orientation Checklist).
Applying to volunteer with Ten Thousand Villages - Ardmore is easy! Here are the steps associated with the process:
- You submit the Volunteer Application
- We contact you for a short interview
- We invite you to an introductory Part I Training
- You participate in Part II Trainings specific to your volunteer team
If you have any further questions, please e-mail email@example.com, stop by the store, or call 610-649-3513.