From ports of call around the world to the safe harbor of your home, these gifts and accents celebrate the docks and wharves — the spaces where the work is done. Inspired by rope and riggings, wood weathered by winds and waves, storied crafts anchor this seaworthy style.
TEN REASONS to LOVE
Ten Thousand Villages Evanston
1. Warm and welcoming atmosphere.
2 We help to improve the lives of artisans and their families by paying them a fair wage.
3. Artisans’ work is handmade and high quality.
4. Feel a personal connection to the artisans by learning their stories (ask a volunteer).
5. Wide variety of goods from fair trade producers around the globe.
6. New items arrive daily and some can only be purchased at our store.
7. Dedicated volunteers and staff provide first-class customer service.
8. A “feel good” shopping experience to share with a friend.
9. Convenient location and open 7 days a week.
10. Perfect place to find a gift for anyone you love.
We love our customers and will reward 4 shoppers with a $25 Gift Card! Just fill out an entry form with the reason why YOU LOVE Ten Thousand Villages. We will draw 4 random entries at the end of February.
Explore our world of fair trade treasures, including lovely gifts, home decor, personal accessories, jewelry, chocolate, coffee and so much more. By purchasing fair trade items at Ten Thousand Villages, you can make a difference in the lives of artisans around the globe. Our mission is to provide fair wage income for people in the developing world by marketing their handcrafted products and sharing their artisan stories. The more items we sell, the more families we can help support. Artisans are better able to improve their homes, educate their children and put food on the table – and to live healthier lives of dignity.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: Ten Thousand Villages Evanston Facebook