Our customers frequently ask how they can help us to build a better world through fair trade. There are many ways for you to become a part of the Ten Thousand Villages community. Scroll below for a few suggestions on how you can join the thousands of volunteers, businesspeople and customers who generously contribute their time, money, effort, and vision to the Ten Thousand Villages mission. Additional options are also available by clicking here.
Shop at a Ten Thousand Villages store or festival sale near you, or online.
You'll find intriguing, handcrafted gifts, jewelry, personal accessories, home decor, sculpture, textiles and other incredible finds from around the world. Your purchases give artisans in developing countries opportunities to earn income that pays for food, education, healthcare and housing. Your support helps sustain longstanding trading relationships-relationships that empower artisans, support thriving businesses and strengthen communities.
Host a Ten Thousand Villages Festival Sale in your community.Our Festival Sale program enables groups to sell our merchandise without the large investment a shop requires. Festival Sales are not intended to be fund raisers, but organizers may deduct a small percentage of total sales to help cover overhead expenses such as rent and advertising. Proceeds of Festival Sales are returned to Ten Thousand Villages so we can purchase more handicrafts and support more artisans.
- A Festival Sale representative works with you to decide how much merchandise to send to your event. We ship a minimum of $4,000 retail and hope you will sell 50% to 70% of the merchandise.
- Ten Thousand Villages provides a variety of free promotional materials along with proven suggestions for promoting your sale.
- Ten Thousand Villages pays all shipping costs.
- You may keep up to 10% of the income from your sale.
Become a wholesale customer.Ten Thousand Villages carries a wide variety of fairly traded products from around the world. As a wholesale customer, you may purchase these products for resale in your store.
- Initial order for a new account is $500 wholesale.
- Initial purchases are made using credit card, cashier’s check or money order.
- All prices listed in the online catalog are suggested retail.
- A new account receives a 45% discount and pays a 6% freight charge on the shipped, wholesale value of the order. After purchases exceed $20,000 wholesale on an annual basis, the discount will increase to 50%.