When making delectable treats, keep your source as sweet as sugar. Buying fair trade coffees, chocolates and baking ingredients is no more expensive than popular gourmet brands, but with Equal Exchange, you can feel comfortable in the knowledge that the product came from a trustworthy source.
The timeless flavor combination of chocolate and mint is brought to you by Equal Exchange. Try this sweetly refreshing treat. Share with family & friends.
Mint Chocolate Filled Cupcake Recipe
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, baking soda)
- Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Mix well.
- Put cupcake papers in a muffin tin and fill 1/2 full with the batter.
- Cream together cream cheese, egg, sugar, and salt, and stir in chocolate.
- Put a spoonful of filling into center of each cup of batter.
Bake at 350F / 180C for about 25 minutes.
While cupcakes are baking, whip up the frosting. In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners’ sugar. Frost the cupcakes after they’ve had time to fully cool.
Makes about 32 cupcakes.
Ingredients – Mint Chocolate Filled Cupcake Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup Equal Exchange Organic Baking Cocoa
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 bar Equal Exchange Organic Mint Chocolate, chopped finely
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Contributed by Katie Hanson, Davenport, IA from a 1960s church cookbook in North Dakota. See more fair trade recipes at the Equal Exchange recipe page.