Customer Service and Festival Sales Manager
- Bachelor’s degree related to business administration and/or marketing, or equivalent business experience.
- Proven skills in sales and customer service leadership in a retail and wholesale environment.
- Proven skills in developing sales and marketing plans and corresponding performance standards.
- Proven skills in training and motivating team members to deliver exemplary customer service.
- Proven organizational and networking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to be resourceful and develop creative solutions to problems.
- Excellent managerial, leadership, interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Excellent computer skills: proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, databases and internet research; Access and customer relationship management software experience preferred.
- Ability to interpret financial statements, analyze financial performance and create financial plans.
- Ability to develop and implement effective systems for continuous improvement of performance.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment of multiple priorities, details and deadlines, manage time efficiently, assess priorities, and adjust as business needs dictate.
- Flexibility in traveling across the store network.
- Interest in and strong support of Ten Thousand Villages mission and goals.
The Customer Service and Festival Sales Manager carries strategic and operational leadership responsibility for directing and executing the work of the Customer Service and Festival Sales teams within the Ten Thousand Villages Sales Department.
In an effort to continually increase our level of purchases from our artisan partners, the primary obligations of the Customer Service and Festival Sales Manager are to 1) promote sales growth in our wholesale, ecommerce, and Festival Sales channels, and 2) to provide the highest quality service to our wholesale, ecommerce, and Festival Sale customers.
The Customer Service and Festival Sales Manager will have three primary areas of focus: 1) working with Sales Department colleagues and with the broader Ten Thousand Villages management team to develop and achieve corporate and departmental goals, 2) leading the Customer Service team, and 3) leading the Festival Sales team.
The Customer Service and Festival Sales Manager is responsible for attaining departmental goals as set by the Sales Director. All duties should be carried out to contribute to company-wide growth in sales and profits, increased productivity, and increased purchases from artisans while keeping expenses within budget.
Full-time, exempt position. Normal office hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday. Flexible hours totaling a minimum of 40 hours per week with some evening and weekend time required. Some travel throughout the store network will be required. Vacation time is limited and must be pre-approved during the months of September through December.
Leadership and Staff Management (20%)
- Actively collaborate with the Sales Director to develop and implement plans, objectives, and budgets for the Customer Service and Festival Sales teams.
- Lead and direct all Customer Service and Festival Sales team members to ensure consistent execution of all Customer Service and Festival Sales operations and achievement of stated performance objectives.
- Train and supervise the Customer Service and Festival Sales team in all aspects of customer service including communication skills, phone skills, servicing ecommerce customers, order entry, claims processing, order/inventory documentation, customer requests, and providing support to staff in the field.
- Maintain systems to measure performance and hold Customer Service and Festival Sales team members accountable for results.
- Facilitate and promote timely and effective communication between Customer Service and Festival Sales team members, store staff, and home office staff.
- Use the Customer Service and Festival Sales teams to support the retail store network by identifying new opportunities, improving brand awareness and driving customer traffic to retail stores and to the Web site.
- Continually assess the effectiveness of the Customer Service and Festival Sales teams and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to produce continual improvements in performance.
- Keep informed about trends, techniques, and resources in the retail and wholesale industries that could help improve the performance of the Customer Service and Festival Sales teams.
- Create and maintain a professional development plan for each member of the Customer Service and Festival Sales teams.
- Assist with the planning and production of National Workshops and other events as required.
- Submit reports and complete projects as required by the Sales Director.
- Perform other duties as required by the Sales Director.
Customer Service (40%)
- Partner with the Ecommerce Manager to ensure the Ten Thousand Villages website, operations, and service is of highest quality.
- Ensure that all orders, claims and inquiries are processed promptly and accurately.
- Ensure that customer mailings are produced and distributed promptly and accurately.
- Provide hands-on assistance to the Customer Service staff at times of peak activity and when short-staffed.
Festival Sales (40%)
- Develop and maintain a growth plan for Festival Sales that supports stated organizational goals and specifically emphasizes large Festival Sale events and growth in the revenue of smaller Festival Sale events.
- Create and maintain a communications plan in order to maintain positive relationships with Festival Sale customers and encourage repeat sales.
- As needed, collaborate with Marketing to 1) produce marketing campaigns that will attract new groups to host Festival Sale events, and 2) produce marketing materials for the promotion of individual Festival Sale events.
- Coordinate the selection of product assortments for Festival Sales that support optimal performance of all three of the following areas: 1) overall revenue potential for Ten Thousand Villages, 2) revenue potential for Festival Sales, and 3) inventory management.
- Travel to Festival Sale events as required to provide training and to support customers.
Ten Thousand Villages offices and warehouses are located in Akron and Brownstown, PA. Both towns are located in Lancaster County.
If you are interested in one of the employment opportunities at Ten Thousand Villages please submit your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. Please put the job title in the subject line.