Sales Associate I (Part-time), Ten Thousand Villages
- 1-2 years customer service and retail sales experience preferred.
- Self -motivated, outgoing, energetic and enjoy working with people.
- Basic arithmetic and data entry skills.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate clearly and be a participant of a driven store team.
- Ability to attractively display merchandise according to company guidelines.
- Commitment to maintain compliance with Company dress codes and policies.
- Enthusiastic support of and commitment to Ten Thousand Villages mission and its goals.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75lbs, utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
The Sales Associate I plays an important role in the Ten Thousand Villages Store. The primary role of the Sales Associate I is to provide customers with a unique shopping experience by utilizing excellent customer service, effective selling techniques, sharing the Villages mission, and providing in-depth product knowledge in a fast paced, fair trade, retail environment.
All duties should be carried out to contribute to company-wide growth in sales and profits, increased productivity, and increased purchases from artisans while keeping expenses within budget.
Non-exempt position. Must be flexible in scheduling and able to work opening and/or closing shift at least three times per week, minimum of two Saturdays, two Sundays per month, during annual inventories and entire holiday season (October – December). Vacation is not allowed during the holiday season.
Customer Service (80%)
- Greet, welcome customers and share the mission of the store according to Ten Thousand Villages Sales and Service Standards.
- Determine and understand customers' needs by asking open-ended questions.
- Explain product features and benefits and artisan stories, while addressing customer desires.
- Suggest additional items while utilizing the Sales and Service Standards to build sales.
- Ring items on the Point-of-Sale system and either gift-wrap or package items to avoid damage.
- Provide customers with available artisan information and gift cards, and invite customers back to store.
- Anticipate and resolve customer service issues.
- Utilize the intranet and on-line catalog to follow through on special orders and customer requests.
- Maintain an awareness of store’s conversion rate goals and meet goals through excellent customer service and effective selling techniques.
- Work with store team to ensure consistent coverage of the sales floor.
- Maintain an awareness and control of loss prevention through attentive customer service.
Store Operations (20%)
- Maintain displays and back office through regular cleaning, straightening and dusting.
- Receive, price, and stock orders as they are delivered.
- Review invoices and utilize the Elder tools to update prices.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by Store Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Work as part of an effective team while respecting the roles and contributions of other team members.
- Contribute to overall sales growth of the store through excellent customer service according to
- Ten Thousand Villages Sales and Service Standards.
Ten Thousand Villages home office and warehouse are located in Akron and Brownstown. Both towns are located in Lancaster County, PA. Ten Thousand Villages stores are located across the United States. For a complete store listing, please visit http://www.tenthousandvillages.com/store-locator/.
If you are interested in one of the employment opportunities at Ten Thousand Villages please submit your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the job title in the subject line.