Privacy and Security
We appreciate your support of the Ten Thousand Villages mission, and we strive to maintain honorable working relationships with our artisans and our customers. Ten Thousand Vilages is committed to protecting our customers' privacy and security. We do not share your information outside our organization or sell your information to third parties.
We collect the following information from visitors to our website:
Visitors to our site:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of visitors to our site
- The email addresses of those who communicate with us via email or create accounts on our site
- Compiled information about what pages website users access or visit
- User-specific information on what pages website users access or visit, the time they visit and the duration of their stay
This information is used to improve the content and usability of our website.
Visitors who send inquiries to us via our website:
- Names and email addresses of site visitors who contact us
- Any other information provided by contacts about the nature of their inquiry
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address of the contact
- The website referrer that explains how the contact found our site
We use this information to respond to inquiries and improve the substance and usability of our website.
Visitors who purchase items using a tenthousandvillages.com account or without creating an account:
- Names and contact information of site visitors
- Order, billing, and shipping information
- Note: We do not store credit card information on this site.
We use this information to:
- Process payments and ship orders
- Respond to inquiries
- Determine additional items that may be added to our future product offering
- Generate site and product performance reports for Ten Thousand Villages use only
To transfer visitor information, Ten Thousand Villages uses standard encryption technologies. As we transfer sensitive data (such as financial or contact information) we use a secure server that prevents third parties from intercepting and interpreting the data.
Customer information that we maintain is stored on secure servers with access limited to staff members who have a need to interact with the machines or the information stored on them. Remote access is encrypted to prevent third parties from intercepting and interpreting the data.
Ten Thousand Villages stores are committed to adhering to and remaining informed of all applicable federal and state laws relating to maintaining a compliant internet presence.